Cilantro Lime Rice
Who doesn't love Chipotle's rice? I personally would like to bathe in it. I won't, because then I'd feel weird eating it. Oh and yeah, OF COURSE because that's super gross. Of course I meant to say that one first.
Why make this instead of just buying some?
The thing is, food places aren't always open, and they never let me into their kitchens to make sure everything is on the up and up. You know … no germs. Everyone properly disinfected. No … germs. For these reasons, I did my best to copy the taste of that heavenly, fragrant, YUMMY rice. If you tweak it and make it better, TELL ME. Please. I think cooking is always best when it's crowd sourced – together, we are always better. So share! Share the rice, share the tips, share it all.
But no sharing germs, and stay out of my rice bathtub.
- 3 c long grain white rice
- 6 c chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 c fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Rinse rice thoroughly - the more starch you rinse out, the less sticky your rice will be.
- Add rice, chicken stock, sea salt, thyme, and butter to rice cooker.
- Cook rice according to your rice cooker instructions.
- When done, transfer rice to a large bowl and gently stir in cilantro, lime juice and zest, and more salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
- **Your rice cooker may have different rice to liquid ratios - adjust proportions according to your specific cooker's instructions.