Quick & Easy Steak & Black Bean Tacos
These steak tacos are a family favorite, and so easy to put together, I almost feel guilty. Almost. Ok, I'm lying, I don't feel guilty at all. They're a super easy way to bring a delicious meal to the table that seems like you spent a billionty years cooking. Flank steak is a notoriously tough cut of meat, however it also tends to be inexpensive. Do NOT skip the ten minute resting period – I cannot stress how important it is to the final product! The magic of marinade and proper cooking and resting process nearly guarantees a tender, flavorful dish your family and guests will love. And though many of us think of arugula as a weird, exotic green we avoid – trust me when I tell you the peppery greenery adds an incomparable level of flavor punch.
- 1 lb flank or skirt steak
- 1 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 smashed garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp each sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 20oz can refried black beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, chopped
- cotija cheese
- 8-in flour tortillas
- Trim excess fat from steak.
- Place in airtight container or sealable plastic bag with soy, worcestershire, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours; best results if marinated overnight.
- Sear steak over med-high heat for appx 3 mins each side with 2 tbsp oil.
- Remove steak from pan & cover tightly with foil for ten minutes.
- While steak is resting, heat refried beans in medium saucepan over low heat with the juice of two limes & 1 tbsp chili powder.
- Chop steak into bite size pieces.
- Place 2 tbsp beans in each tortilla; top with 1 tbsp steak.
- Sprinkle with arugula & cotija cheese to taste.
- Squeeze lime wedge over top, if desired.
If you make this recipe, I would absolutely LOVE if you came back and gave me your honest opinion – even if you hated it! As a die hard cook and recipe developer, nothing helps me more than feedback from readers. You may have tricks and tips up your sleeve that I never even thought of, but would love to try. At the end of the day, I'm just like you – a wife and mom trying her best to create delicious dishes that open her family's minds to the wonderful possibilities of food. We're all in this together, you know? Share the love, share your thoughts, share your tips – it will absolutely make my day. Till next time, Cupcakes ~